Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Nights

Friday nights are predictable in our house.  I grab two pizza doughs from the restaurant on my way home from picking up Ridley at preschool or even better Michael brings both the pizza dough and Ridley home to me.  After Liam goes to bed, Ridley and I make our pizzas plop on the couch and watch a movie. Just the two of us!  When I was pregnant with Liam, Ridley asked me once if he was still going to have his place on the couch next to me when his brother arrived.  In that heart wrenching moment, I realized how scared Ridley was about not being the only child anymore. Thankfully that fear is gone now.  I like to think Fridays are a display of my love for Ridley and remind him he still has the same spot on the couch. I enjoy this alone time we have and look forward to it and let's be honest it is also a time when we can eat in front of the TV and I don't feel as guilty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment